Color Hair Wax is easy and simple to use. Below are some information, tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your purchase.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- All hair types can use Color Hair Wax, however, it’s especially great for kinky, coily, natural hair types since it helps to define and pop your curls!
- This is hair wax: Wax has a bit of hold and weight, like light gel. Depending on your hair type you may have to use more, or less, to get the desired effect.
- This is a temporary color solution: It washes off easily and completely with a single wash. Once it dries, you’ll want to stay away from anything that can potentially wet your hair, i.e.: rain, swimming, or any activities that promote heavy sweating!
FOR ALL OVER COVERAGE:
- Dip a small amount (Quarter size) of wax and work in each section from the roots down to the tips. A small amount can go a long way so try not to overdo it with too much product!
- Apply more as needed to get even coverage and bolder color. Avoid getting the product on your scalp.
- Set/dry color with a hood dryer or handheld blow-dryer. Color is not completely dry until you can touch it and it does NOT come off on your hands.
- Short hair: Simply apply desired amount directly onto hair.
- Mid to long hair: Should be applied in sections.
- Straight/fine hair: Use blow-dryer on lowest setting, preferably on cool/no heat if available, then comb or brush through your hair to work out any stiffness from the wax. Experiment with small amounts of product at a time to ensure you don't weigh down your hair too much. A little really does go a long way. Especially on this hair type.
- Dip small amount onto fingertip.
- Grab a small/med section of hair.
- Rub into the section of hair in a downward motion.
- Repeat steps 1-4 if the color is not as vibrant as desired.
- Set/Dry color with a blow dryer on lowest setting.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Does your hair need to be pre-lightened?
No! Color hair wax can be used on any existing hair color.
- Does it need to be applied on wet or dry hair?
It’s up to you and what you want to achieve! Dry hair is the quickest method on short hair types. However, it can be used on damp hair to achieve certain styles like twist outs or braid outs. Color Hair Wax should be applied as the last step to styling your hair after all your prior hair products have completely dried in the hair. Experiment and see what works best for you.
- Will it make your hair feel hard, crunchy, or waxy?
It can if too much product is added. This is a wax product after all. Experiment with small amounts of product, leave-in conditioners, and diffusers to help soften the finished product.
- Will color transfer onto clothes, pillowcases, etc.?
Color hair wax is a VERY temporary color solution, so some transfer is to be expected. To help reduce transfer we recommend applying light hair spray after the product has dried. Also, a sleeping bonnet/cap is highly recommended overnight!
- Do you have to set the color with a blow dryer?
No, you can air dry just keep in mind it will take much longer for the color to set this way.
- Can heating tools be used?
Yes! Heating tools can be used once your hair is dry, however, color can transfer onto your tools which can easily be wiped off.
- How many jars would I need to cover all my hair?
It depends on how much hair you’re working with. In most cases 1 jar will give full coverage for short to medium length hair.
- How long will it last?
If kept dry, Color Wax can last 3-5 days. The color can last longer if you maintain it well.
- Can it be used on eyebrows?
Yes, it can be used on eyebrows, beards, mustaches, and goatees.
- How long is it good for?
Wax will last up to 24 months with the lid screwed tightly on and stored in a cool, dry place.
- Can you mix colors?
Yes! You can mix colors to make your own unique hues.